Seeking trusted servant for volunteer service at the regional level.
Open Position: Chair, Regional Service Committee (RSC).
The chair should have leadership and organizational abilities and be capable of conducting business meetings. The recommended experience for this position is three (3) years continuous service in Nar-Anon.
- Presides over all RSC meetings and assemblies
- Stays informed of all subcommittee activities and is available for support with any concerns
- Calls for an assembly after the WSC to hear the delegate’s report
- Calls for assemblies whenever the RSC or delegate deems them necessary
- Signs all committee correspondence
- Is a co-signer on the RSC bank account
- Holds a post office box key if any
In Nar-Anon, we have found that doing service work has been helpful in our recovery. There are many ways a member may choose to help promote the growth of Nar-Anon. One way is within your own group (GSR, Secretary, Treasurer or perhaps your group as a welcome committee or outreach opportunities or simply to help set up the room or put things away after the meeting). Another way is to participate in the Region or Area committees.
The Nar-Anon Family Groups service structure is in place to support the groups, the members, and ultimately the newcomer. "To fulfill our fellowship's primary purpose, the Nar-Anon Family Groups have joined together to create a structure that develops, coordinates, and maintains services on behalf of Nar-Anon as a whole." -- Nar-Anon Family Groups Concept One
As members and as a group, we support the service structure through our group donations and taking on service commitments at the level of area, region, and beyond. The service structure in turn provides member services such as guidelines, literature, newsletters, conventions and much more.
Please contact us for more information about how to donate your time.